Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our Trip to the Grand Canyon

Jeff and I had decided that because he is traveling so much that we should go on a short road trip and since I have never been to the Grand Canyon we thought we would go there.
Jeff suprised me with different places to stay. The first night we stayed in Kanab at this Bed and Breakfast place. It was a nice big room and decorated very nice. It had a huge jacuzzi tub.(that is something that I just love, give me some peace and quiet and a jacuzzi tub and thats relaxation). The very thing that I enjoyed the most Jeff was distraut about. You see Jeff doesnt take baths he only showers. This nice jacuzzi tub had a hose with a head but it rested on the faucet because there was no place to have a shower. The picture below was basically how the tub looked. If you look closely you can see the hose draped over the faucet.

So the dilema was, how does Jeff take a shower? He said it would be great if he was a midget but seeing how he isnt it wouldnt work. So after thinking about what to do he begged me to be the human shower holder. So as Jeff showers away I am the shower head holder. Trust me if I could have taken a picture of it I would have!!! But I will leave the visual to you!
This is the place that we stayed at in Kanab:

We left on Saturday morning for the Grand Canyon and stopped at various places to take pictures. One of the very first places we learned about several different plants or trees that the indians used to heal certain ailments. As some of you might know Jeff is fond of vaseline. Believe it or not I found a tree that I think I might plant in the back yard that has sap that is very similar to VASELINE. That way jeff wont have to buy any more:

We also stopped and bought me a bracelet at one of the stands that the Indians were selling their wares. They had some pretty cool stuff.
The following are some shots of different places that we stopped and this first picture is of the look out tower that was built back in 1932.

This next shot was of a damn that we came to. If you look closely on the bottom left corner there are little boats that look pretty dang small from that far up. I have to admit it kind of freaked me out going across the bridge.

Here are some more shots!

Here are a couple of other shots:
Jeff found a couple of new friends

Then to top off the trip I found something that made me take a flash back to over 20 years ago. I use to make fun of my dad by waving with 4 fingers like the little Anderson Lumber Man did on the side of all their trucks. Jeff and I were driving through Hurricane and saw this parked out in a empty lot:

We had alot of fun and thanks to Jeff's boss we had a really nice steak dinner in Williams, Arizona. We unfolded napkins in the Circle K parking lot and to the surprise to you all, as you can see even though both Jeff and I got close to the edge of the canyon neither one of us pushed each other over!

In all seriousness we had a great time, we visited Colorado City(that was interesting)and alot of talking and driving it was so good to get away, thanks Jeffie McGriddle for taking me to see the Grand Canyon. With you traveling so much it was nice to get away for a few days!! Thanks Hon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like so much fun!!I'm glad your back though:)

Leah said...

I'm so proud of him for standing so close to the edge! Hights are TOTALLY not his thing ;)