Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Moving, Moving, Moving, Moving!!

I think I need to lay down some ground rules for all of our children!
I thoroughly love helping people move and am ok with going to Oregon, to Sandy, to Wendell, to Midvale, to Taylorsville anytime I possibly can. There is nothing more fun than moving into a new home and making it all your own.
BUT not even a month a go I was in Oregon helping Andrea and Rich move some of their stuff to their new home and organizing. Lindsay is the next to move, and bless her heart she has to do it when Jeff and I are playing at the Grand Canyon (so I am feeling bad that I wasnt there to help her) Sorry Linds! Then Jen and Bill decide they are going to move back to Logan, Utah and so I was up helping her for a few days, its not easy with 3 little kids for either her or Andrea. Natalie and Mike decide they are going to move and so I helped Natalie for a few hours last night. Leah and Mike are moving to a new home and she needs some help moving and especially painting because the color NEEDS to BE CHANGED!! (trust Leah and I on that) :) Being 6 months pregnant isnt the easiest thing to have going on when your trying to move and paint. So she will be my next step.
Now mind you I am not complaining, because I seriously love helping my kids (any one of them) Could you guys just possibly spread it over a few YEARS instead of few WEEKS!!! If you think about it you girls must be high maintenance none of the boys think they need to take move!! I guess Dan and Laura moved too, but theirs is fairly easy for them because they just load up the car as full as they can get it and then take off! We are a storage unit right now though for them and linds:)
You all have to admit for 8 of our children 6 of them have moved within the last 6 - 8 weeks. Thats alot of MOVING!! Any chance you all might considering settling down and growing some roots :)
I hope all of you like your new homes or apartments and that things go well for all of you. I feel so blessed that things are going well for all of us, with work, homes and families. We truly are being blessed!! Just so you know I love you all!!

I have to share this cute story with you about helping Jen pack this last weekend. Saturday Bill had taken Riley and Madison over to their Grandma Kings to play while we packed. Little Lily was sleeping so she stayed with us and when she woke up she would just walk around and HELP us pack. She soon got bored with us and SEVERAL times we would find that Lily had gone over to Jen's bar tried her hardest to climb up those tall kitchen chairs and then proceed to climb up on the counter and either crawl her way over to the phone and pretend to talk to that annoying signal you get when its off the receiver or pretend like she was surfing the web! I helped her find Uncle Blake's website so she could at least look at a real website. She is a crack up!


2 comments:

Brian and Mal said...

Oh little lily... starting to surf the net at such a young age!

FYI... we won't be moving anytime soon ;-)

Anonymous said...

The good news is that you love helping your kids move and the even better news is that since I am your work kid, you can help me move!!!!!

I will need you on July 8th from 8:00 to 5:00. Thank you in advance for all your hard work. You're the best work Mom I have ever had:)