Monday, June 15, 2009

My Trip to Oregon

On June 5th after work I climbed aboard a Southwest flight to go stay with Andrea and her family. Last time I was up in Oregon Jessi was just 5 months old and as we all know kids grow up so fast. So it was fun to go see them and to see their new house and help Andrea get a little more settled in. I think we got a maximum of 5 hours one night and the others were less than that.

When I arrived Andrea and Megan decided to leave me sitting at the airport on my luggage and out on the curb because their shopping at IKEA was more important than picking me up!! I still havent forgiven them for that.

Andrea and i stayed up way late going through their new office and going through OLD paperwork that she had kept from when they were first married. I think we were able to get her office more organized and fuctional. I should have taken before and after pictures. We stayed up late another night organizing her pantry so that it was in order and she could see what food storage she could work some more on.

I had promised Austin and Redden that if they would help babysit Jessi that I would take them to see a movie while we were up there. We went and saw the movie "UP". If you havent seen it, its a must. We didnt see the 3-D movie, but I hear that is the one that you need to see. We all loved it, I dont know how much Andrea actually saw because she was busy keeping Jessi quiet.

Now it comes the time to brag! If you havent heard little Jessi is a "MAMA's GIRL" and she doesnt much care for anyone that is not her mother. I am proud to say that Jessi and I are BFF's. She even cried when I left her in a room. I think her adoration for me came in close to a tie with her mother or at least a very tight
2nd.

We got to watch Redden play a little league game and I was quite proud of him and well he does. He got a great hit over 2nd base and made some good plays on 1st base.

Richard even took a few hours out of his busy schedule to play a card game with us. I know he is a sore loser and so I think that is why they didnt explain the rules to the game until over half way through, was so that I wouldnt have a change at winning. NOT COOL RICHARD!!

Here are some pics of my time up in Oregon.
Thanks, for letting me come and stay. Even though we didnt get much sleep I still had a good time.


Isnt she just adorable!!!

1 comment:

Brian and Mal said...

So, when are you coming to my house to help me with my food storage and cleaning my office?